The Sydway Walker app is a collection of 18 detailed walking and cycling maps around Sydney, covering some of the best walking terrain in the world. Developed with assistance from various councils around Sydney, the maps range from the pristine beaches on the coast to rugged and picturesque hikes through the world heritage Blue Mountains.
- View, zoom and pan around 18 detailed maps, plus overview map
- Track your location on your chosen map
- Tap to hide controls and view map full-screen
- Email clippings from maps to your friends and family
- Maps are stored in app: works anywhere, no network needed
Each map included in this app has been adapted from the printed versions, which include further information about walking times, handy local descriptions and contact numbers as well as cycling information if appropriate.
Some of the maps are specifically designed for cycling. In these cases you will notice different map styles used to highlight the cycling routes and information.
Enjoy getting out and about in one of the world’s great cities.
2014 Melway Publishing Pty Ltd (mapping content)
Robert Stainsby (software development)
- Tap once on a map to hide the controls and view the map full-screen. Tap again to show the controls again.
- Double-tap to zoom in on a map (up to the maximum zoom). Tap with two fingers to zoom out.
The App is now available for both iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.