Channel Nine’sThe Block 2012 showcased novel street maps as feature art this week.
The Block’s Brad and Lara used a customised map fromMelway Mapping as a kitchen splashback on an island bench, choosing the area surrounding the Dorcas Street, South Melbourne property as the backdrop. The colourful, trademark maps added a dash of colour and interest to an otherwise minimal and contemporary design. The judges “wowed” the distinctive design and marvelled it as “the best idea EVER” and “really cool”.
Melway Mapping can design high quality customised maps of specific areas to suit varying requirements.
According to Melway Mapping’s Customised Mapping Manager, Warwick Lyon, the in-house customised mapping department can design a map that specifically suits your needs.
“We have a range of laminated wall maps perfectly suited for your home or office, covering Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Victoria and Australia,” he says.
“If it’s in our books (Melway), we can turn it into a custom map for you.”
Lyon says the maps are popular and expects increasing interest after The Block 2012 feature and print publications such as Belle Magazine incorporating the maps in kitchen styling.
“Everyone wants something different in their home interior design, and the maps provide a fairly unique concept that’s very on-trend in a digital age,” he says.
Business and territory zone maps, Travel Smart maps and public transport route overlays are other popular customised maps, Lyon says.
Standard Map Features Include:
- Any number of maps can be joined to create your own personalised map.
- Enlargements to any size; all details remain sharp and retain original colour.
- All maps are printed with lightfast-pigmented inks.
- Single copy or cost effective small print runs.
- Regular updating of Melway information now means you can economically print the latest information for a specific project.
- Customised maps are supplied in full colour with mounting and laminating also available.